- 6 strips thick sliced bacon
- 1 sweet white onion, sliced into rings
- 1 tbs olive oil, plus 2 tbs, divided
- 6 bratwurst (raw)
- 12 ounces Sam Adams Octoberfest
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- In a large pot over medium high heat, cook the bacon. Remove from pan, chop. Pour off about half the pork fat, leaving about 2 tbs still in the pan. Add 1 tbs olive oil and onions, cook over medium heat until the onions start to caramelize, about 8-10 minutes. Remove onions from pan, set aside.
- Increase heat to medium high, add the bratwurst, cooking until browned on both sides. Add Sam Adams Octoberfest and reduce heat to medium low, simmering until the bratwurst are cooked through, 10-12 minutes. Slice into rings.
- While the bratwurst are cooking, cook the spaghetti in lightly salted boiling water until al dente, drain and return to pot.
- Add sliced brats, chopped bacon, caramelized onions, tomatoes, cheese, salt, pepper and remaining 2 tbs olive oil to the spaghetti, toss to combine.
- One at a time poach the eggs in simmering water until the whites have set but the yolks are still runny.
- Divide the pasta between 4 bowls, top with poached eggs. Serve immediately.