No-Bake Beer Creme Brûlée in a Peach Cup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 vanilla bean pod, split and scraped
- ½ cup Summit Summer Ale
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 large ripe peaches
- sugar for brûlée
- In a saucepan off heat whisk together the cornstarch, salt and cream. Add the vanilla bean pod and the scrapings from the inside. Add to medium heat until bubbles start to appear on the outside, remove from heat.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the egg yolks, and sugar. Slowly whisk in the warm cream.
- Return the mixture to the pot, add the Summit Summer Ale, simmer until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Cut the peaches in half, remove the seed. Scoop out the center with a melon baller, leaving about ½ inch of peach intact on all sides.
- Place the peaches in serving bowls to keep them stable. Pour the mixture into the center of each peach. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Sprinkle with a thin layer of sugar, Brulee with a kitchen torch until golden brown. Serve immediately.