Patriotic Smirnoff jello and cream push pops
- 1 packet berry blue Jello
- 1 packet strawberry Jello
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream cold
- 3 teaspoons fine bakers sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 packet of gelatin
- Red and blue sprinkles
- Smirnoff Ice Original
- Assemble the push pop containers by adding the base and stick, make sure they are seated well.* See note
- Prepare the blue jello, (Mix the jello mix with two cups (16 ounces) of boiling water until the powder is fully dissolved and add the malt liquor. The cold water called for by the recipe on the box is replaced by the Smirnoff Ice Original)
- Using a pouring jug, pour into push pop containers 1/3 full. Refrigerate until set.
- Add 2 cups of the heavy whipping cream, 2 teaspoons sugar and lemon zest to a microwave safe bowl.
- Pour into the cream the gelatin.
- Heat in the microwave on high for 1 minutes.
- Stir until the gelatin starts to dissolved.
- Once the blue layer as set, using a small jug, pour the cream until 2/3 full. Refrigerate or freeze until set.
- Prepare the red jello (Mix the jello mix with two cups (16 ounces) of boiling water until the powder is fully dissolved and add the malt liquor. The cold water called for by the recipe on the box is replaced by the Smirnoff Ice Original)
- Using a small jug, pour the red jello over the cream until the push pop is full. Refrigerate or freeze until set.
- Add the remaining cup of whipping cream to a mixing bowl or stand mixer with the remaining teaspoon sugar.
- Beat on high with a hand mixer or stand mixer until stiff.
- Pipe or spoon the cream onto the top of the set push pops and decorate with sprinkles.
* If they are not seated and sealed well, the first layer of jello can leak out. Make sure you have something under to catch the drips until they set.
** To speed up the process and if you have room, you can chill them in the freezer.