Redd’s Blueberry Muffin Loaf Cake
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup wheat beer
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Redd’s Blueberry Ale
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add the sugar and butter to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on high until light, fluffy and well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla, beat until well combined.
- Stir in the buttermilk and beer.
- Stop the mixer, sprinkle with flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until combined.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake until top springs back when lightly touched, about 55 minutes. Allow to cool completely before icing.
- Stir together the powdered sugar and Redd’s Blueberry Ale. Pour over the cake, slice and serve.
For frozen blueberries, rinse well until the water runs clear. Add to paper towels to dry, do not stir into batter. Layer loaf pan with 1/4 of the batter, sprinkle with berries, top with more batter, then blueberries, repeat until all the berries and batter have been used. This will avoid smashed berries and a purple cake.